Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 1

I have decided to start this blog because too many people focus on the negatives in life (including myself) so starting today I will write about the positive things that have occurred during my day. It is much easier to complain about everything that has gone wrong and it is much harder to remember and be thankful for the things that have gone right. Basically, I am going to train myself to become a "glass is half full" kind of girl! I have always done things the hard way and nothing has ever been easy for me so I have become the hard, calloused, pessimist of the group. I'm tired of having that attitude as I can see it rubbing off on my children as they grow older. I want to do this not only for me, but for my family as well. I guess we'll see how it goes.

1. I have a great family. My husband supports me in whatever I choose to do in life. My children really are great kids! My parents have forgiven me for a lot of trouble and heartache that I caused them throughout my teenage years and we have such a great relationship now.

2. My husband and I have the ability to work together and not bite each others heads off. I only work during school hours which allows me to be there for our children and be more involved in their lives.

3. I have a car, house, and food on our table which during these times in America makes me even more thankful.

I guess that's about it for now. Will blog again tomorrow.

1 comment: